Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Things About Me


This might be passe, but I think it's important for an audience to know who's speaking. What follows is an incomplete accounting of my background. Fanshawe is not my real name. I'm in my late 20s. I spend my days working as a lawyer for a very large company/organization. I will often discuss games here months after they come out. I describe myself as 50% tourist, 50% completionist, even though I realize that I like Geometry Wars 2 far too much for that to be true. I think you can tell a lot about a gamer by his or her reaction to Metal Gear Solid 2. I owned no consoles between SNES and PS2, and spent most of that era playing various iterations of Command & Conquer and Civilization. By now, I've played many "important" games from that period (MGS,  FF VII, Mario 64, Resident Evil, etc.) but I experienced them all in retrospect, knowing what games went on to accomplish.  I know absolutely nothing about programming, so expect me to make some gameplay suggestions that are impossible to successfully implement. The only comments I will delete are those from spambots and those that are blatently racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.
With that in mind, please enjoy the blog, and forgive me the first couple of voice-finding weeks when the posts will likely be highly derivative of Krpata, Abbott, et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment